A new Jamaican food truck hits the streets + 3 local spots featuring Jamaican sidewalks
Reading time 2 minutes
If you’ve found yourself in a food rut, we’ve got a few suggestions on how to shake things up. The restaurant industry is popping up around Birmingham, including a new Jamaican food truck that opened this month.
Has your business registered with our database of over 470 local businesses? Register your business in Birmingham and get featured for FREE on Bham Now.
Jamaican Tap’a Top Food Truck
Isn’t food truck news always something exciting? If you hadn’t heard it, Tap’a Top opened this month and according to the public, customers are giving their approval.
The menu features authentic Jamaican fare such as jerk chicken, oxtails, and fried plantains (my favorite). As a bonus, they also take care of catering and delivery, just give them a call!
1. Jake’s Soul Food Café
- Or: 3075 John Hawkins Pkwy, Hoover, AL 35244
- Hours: Tue-Thursday. 11 am-9pm | Fri.-Sat. 11 am-10pm | Sun. 11 am-6pm
- Call | Menu | Facebook | Instagram
2. Jamaican Tropical Grill Restaurant
- Or: 2149 Bessemer Road Birmingham, Alabama
- Hours: Mon-Thu 12 pm-8pm | Fri + Sat 11 am-9pm
- Call | Facebook
3. Authentic Philly-Style Cheesesteaks and Hoagies from T-Bone
Obviously this is NOT a Jamaican restaurant, but they do have a Jerk Chicken Sandwich and I thought it should be included.
Honorable mention: Southern Caribbean
Described by one Yelp user as “a hole in a hole in a wall” alongside a 5 star review, this seal has RAVE reviews. Unfortunately after contacting and calling I cannot confirm that they are open or are still working. If anyone has any information please contact me because this plate looks amazing and I would love to try it.
- Or: 1316 Bessemer Road, Birmingham, AL 35208
- Hours (maybe?): Mon-Thu 11 am-10pm | Fri + Sat 11 am-11pm | Sun. 11 am-8pm